What’s my Home Worth? If you are considering selling your home and would like some information on the value of your home. Please fill out the form at the bottom of this page and I would be happy to prepare a Price Valuation on your home. It will be emailed back to you immediately.
Direct Line: 619.540.3798/ Email: Gratitude Realty
Outline of the Selling Process and some useful Tips:
Step 1- Getting ready to sell….
People have different reasons for selling, from disposing of an investment property to simply moving to a new home.
Once you have decided to sell , think about what you want to include in the sale. Normally, fixtures and fittings such as curtains, stoves are included in the price, but other movable objects would be considered personal property.
If you are getting rid of items you no longer need, do it before you start marketing your property as the less clutter you have the faster your house will sell. Many councils take large items away, sometimes for free.
Give your agent other useful documents and facts about your property, which they can mention to potential buyers, such as:
- Idea of utility bills.
- Building regulations if applicable.
- Insurance bills
- So potential buyers can estimate running costs.
Step 2 – What’s My Home Worth?
- Rod Bairos Real Estate will prepare a Price Valuation Analysis for your home. This consists of “like” properties that have sold in your area in the last 6 months. This will give you a good idea of what an appraiser will consider when valuing your house.
I have a proven plan that will get your home SOLD faster and for more money; I focus our marketing efforts on five major categories.
Step 3 – Once you are on the market
You need to get your home ready for viewings and give your house the best chance of selling. First impressions count so put yourself in the buyers’ shoes and think about how you can enhance your property’s draw.
Consider its “curb appeal”; the first thing potential buyers will see before they even get past the front door. Here are some things to look out for:
- Does the front of your house need smartening up?
- Could the front yard be tidier?
- Do some walls need paint or repair?
- Could the front windows do with a clean?
Look at the inside with a critical eye too:
- Keep it clean and tidy. De-clutter and use sensible storage. Potential buyers will want to visualize how they can fill the space
- Undertake any minor repairs that need doing so buyers will need to really try hard to find any negatives
- If you want to re-decorate, go for neutral tones, which will appeal to a wider audience
- Make your house comfortable, cool on hot sunny days and warm if it’s winter
- Banish smoke or pet odors Open the windows, brew some fresh coffee and add finishing touches such as fresh flowers, to brighten the place up
- Bring out the best features such as fireplaces, and any custom details to your home.
Once you have received an offer, be prepared to negotiate. But remember, you don’t have to sell to the highest bidder. A lower bidder might be better if they:
- Cash buyer can make the process quicker, not needing to go through the loan process.
- Already have a mortgage “agreed in principle”
- Don’t have to sell a property first.
- Can fit in with your timescales better than other buyer.
- Rod Bairos is an expert in contact negotiations. He strives to get you the best price for you home. He can guide you through the offer stage making sure you understand all aspects, making it easy to make a good decision for you and your family.
- Ultimately the choice is yours. Understanding the details of the offer is paramount.
If it’s not selling…
- Ask your agent why they think it’s not selling. What’s the feedback from viewings?
- Can your real estate agent ‘freshen up’ your property details on Rightmove with better photos and a more engaging description?
- Was the exterior photo clearly taken a long time ago in a different season? If so, ask the agent to take a new one
- Do you need to reduce the price?
- If a survey revealed a problem that led a buyer to renegotiate or pull out, consider getting repairs done.
Step 4-Accepted offer…
- Once an offer has been accepted we will begin the escrow process.
- Buyers will deposit their earnest money deposit into escrow.
- Escrow process generally takes 1 to 2 months and is agreed upon by buyer and seller in the contract negotiation stage.
- Buyer will arrange and pay for a home inspection for their benefit. All disclosures will be signed by both buyer and seller insuring all details are in the open, and all parties are protected.
- Buyers have 17 days in most cases to do all their discovery of the property. On the 17th day the buyer will release their loan contingencies meaning they are happy with the condition of the property, and there loan is approved.
Step 5 – Preparing to move out
Moving out of the home you’ve lived in for a while can be stressful, but it’s also a great opportunity to make a new start. Getting organised and planning ahead will minimize your stress levels and make it easier to move on.
Here are some tips to make the day you move out as painless as possible:
- Ask your friends to recommend a professional removal firm – your belongings are precious so ask for references,
- Think about moving out and in on separate days so you don’t have to squeeze everything into the same day.
- Leaving a few days before moving in will free up time to get essential work to your new home completed without needing to work around piles of boxes. It’s a great time for carpet cleaning, decorating or any DIY projects that might be dusty like sanding woodwork or floorboards, re-plastering etc.
- If you can, avoid moving on a Monday or Friday: they are the busiest days for moving as well as for traffic on the roads.
- Set up your mail to be redirected a few weeks before you move. It’s good precaution against theft identity.
- Prepare a note for the new owners explaining how things work and where they can find useful items. A few kind thoughts will go a long way when it comes to mail redirection and injects some humanity into the whole process.
FREE PROPERTY VALUATION
Fill-out the form below and we will prepare a “Price Valuation” for your property and email it to you immediately. Please provide your full address on form.